Marianne Tromp – agile software development
Marianne is currently working at Pillar Technology Group in Columbus, Ohio.
Marianne has 30 years of software development experience including:
- development of scientific software applications for PCs, Macintoshes and proprietary computers in a variety of programming languages;
- implementing a quality-oriented software development process to include code reviews and automated procedures;
- instruction in object-oriented analysis, design and programming techniques based on UML;
- developing requirements for products involving instrumentation hardware and software.
Marianne’s undergraduate degrees in Broadcast Journalism and Electrical & Computer Engineering provide her with writing and systems thinking skills that are unique for a software developer.
Broad range of interests
In addition to her technical background, Marianne has maintained a variety of interests in her spare time. These interests have led to the following activities:
- teaching puppy socialization classes based on Clicker Training, a positive reinforcement approach;
- facilitating a class based on the book “Excuse Me! Your life is waiting” by Lynn Grabhorn;
- attending workshops by Greg Braden, Sonia Choquette, Jerry Weinberg, Jean McClendon, Tamara Andreas and Abraham-Hicks;
- studying books on quantum physics written by David Bohm and others;
- noticing similarities between quantum physics and spiritual teachings, and applying these to her own life.